Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pictures to tide you over!!

…because I have so much in my mind and it has been so long, I know, that it cannot possibly be cohesive at the moment. So in truth you might never get the details of these months unless you ask for them J The main timeline goes something like this though: Returned from SA in time to give some slapdash exams, had several weeks of vacation from school in which I hung out with an awesome woman in my village quite a bit and participated in Genocide Memorial Week with my community (which was very intense in too many ways to put up here anyways, so you can ask me about it individually if you want), met up with the other volunteers in my group for a conference, got back to site and started teaching again, remembered just how hard teaching here really is, and experienced major house invasions by stinging ants (swarms, thousands, really) AND termites. Phew. If anything piques your interest, shoot me an email and I’ll do my best to get back to you!

So, in lieu of real news, here are a few more pictures of the village kids, the scenery around my house during rainy season, and my new good friend Mama Iradukunda (which means “Mama of God Loves Us”, her eldest child). I am super happy to have Mama Iradukunda and her whole family in my life, and they along with my 6 year old neighbor Anita pretty much make my life :) Enjoy!







2 comments:

  1. Julie awesome pictures, thanks for the update! we need to skype soon...I'll shoot you an email. love you!
    -beno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are Ok and enjoying your time in Africa. We miss you in Carriazo and hope to see you soon....

    ReplyDelete